How to tell if your account has been hacked?
- Changes have been made in your personal / contact information panel.
- You're no longer able to connect to the client area even though you're sure the credentials are correct.
- You start seeing strange activity within your service (unusual server log activity etc.).
- You may be no longer able to access your services (server, backup panel, e-mail, etc.) and services unrelated to Baltic Servers.
What to do after you suspect your account has been hacked?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and report that you suspect your account has been hacked. The more information you provide, the better.
- Change your passwords immediately and check if services other than BalticServers accounts have not been compromised.
- Scan your computer for malicious software.
What happens after you've contacted us?
After you've contacted us and reported hacker activity on your account, we'll use a series of methods to determine if you're the person you claim to be (the account owner). Those methods are not made public and will not be disclosed on this FAQ article.
Once we determine you are the person you claim to be, we will begin working towards getting you back in control of your services. Patience and understanding are essential in hacked account situations.
Keep in mind there's always the possibility of a mistyped password or empty spaces included when copying a password.Tags: account, hack, hacked, stolen